04/05/2019 : All Day
LLWB held the 9th edition of Girls Got IT at Universite Saint Joseph in Beirut on May 4, 2019. A total of 492 students from grades 10, 11 and 12 attended the event including Lebanese and Syrian students.
The keynote speakers during the event included:
• HE. Adel Afiouni, Minister of State for Information Technology.
• Ms. Rola Hoteit, Airline Captain, Middle East Airlines.
• Zeina Daccache, Founder, Catharsis-Lebanese Center for Drama Therapy.
• Salam Yamout, Middle East Regional Director, Internet Society.
• Leila Serhan, Public Sector Director, Microsoft.
• Melda Salhab, Graduate Student, UCL Center for Advanced Spatial Analytics.
A total of 24 workshops were running in parallel during the event around various STEAM related topics.