The proposed project aims at (1) supporting women interested in becoming entrepreneurs in the areas of Beqaa and North Lebanon, and (2) supporting the growth of female-led SMEs in these areas. This would be achieved through designing and implementing activities over a period of three years that aim at equipping the target groups with the tools and the skills required for developing and sustaining their own businesses.
For the purpose of achieving the project objectives, the overall activities that will be implemented throughout the project duration targeting both groups therefore include:
- Designing and implementing a full entrepreneurship training program for women-led start-ups including learning modules designed for the target groups tackling various topics that will be elaborated upon below.
- Designing and implementing a training program for women-led SMEs focusing around business growth and sustainability.
- Providing access to funding for women-led start-ups and women-led SMEs through existing funding channels including the Lebanese Women Angel Fund among other.
- Developing and implementing mentorship programs whereby start-up and SME owners will be assigned mentors for close monitoring and follow-up on business implementation and development.
- Organizing inter-regional and cross-regional circles of dialogue between women for the purpose of sharing experiences and challenges.
- Developing an online platform that includes useful resources for women entrepreneurs in the regions.
Prior to implementation, LLWB will be working on completing the needs assessment targeting women employees and entrepreneurs which it has already launched in October, 2019.